Speed Up MYOB
We have been hearing complains of MYOB performance issue for years. We are going to propose 3 ways you can speed up MYOB. Users of MYOB usually complain of speed or performance issue coming from MYOB multi-user environment.
Here are 3 options you can consider:
- Improve your network infrastructure
- User of remote desktop solution or terminal service application
- Change the software
Improve your network infrastructure:
- Change all your network adapter, network switch to gigabit network
- Do not use wireless for machine that uses MYOB
- Change your network drive that shares MYOB file to Solid State Drive
Use of remote desktop solution or terminal service application:
- A dedicated server or PC with license for terminal service or remote desktop connection license
- Use remote desktop client to connect into the server or PC
Change the software:
- Change to data efficient software like MoneyWorks
What are the differences or pros and cons to all these proposed solutions?
|Improve infrastructure||•Improve your overall network efficiency at the same time.|
•Might be easiest if you just setup new network, just turning off wifi may help
|•Short term solution if your transaction volume is high.|
•If file is too big, this might not improve much.
|Use of Remote Desktop||•Best performance as data does not flow out of PC. Most efficient, and can double up for accessing remotely.||•May be the costliest involving server, dedicated computer and also software license.|
•May be temporary solution if transaction volume keep growing
|Change Software||•Less future concern on performance as transaction volume increase.|
•Better features and functions that MYOB may not offer.
|•Staff resistance to change is a big hurdle to cross.|
•One-time effort to cross-over may be another hurdle.
You can contact us for any of these options. We will be glad to meet up and discuss the options with you.
Tel: 65898818 Ext 7001